Click on the image below to view or download the pdf file
with the link to the registration.
Our Sisterhood is made up of all the women of Temple Beth Hillel. We’re old, young and somewhere in between. We may be employed full-time, or part-time, in the home or out. We may be retired. We may have little kids, or big kids, empty nests or no nests. We all have full lives, yet find the extra time to be active in temple life as the work – and the relationships – are so very rewarding.
Membership in Women of TBH is $42/year. We welcome all levels of involvement.
Women of TBH and Brotherhood are the supportive arms of this wonderful community. Following are just some of the things we do for our Temple family:
For Our Youth
- Support holiday celebrations with apples and honey for Rosh Hashanah, candles and dreidels at Chanukah and flags for Simchat Torah.
- Present Kiddush cups to children beginning religious school and Day School.
- Present gifts and Uniongrams to each Bar/Bat Mitzvah and Adult B’nai Mitzvahs.
- Present Bibles and Uniongrams to each Confirmand.
- Serve as positive role models for our young women.
For Our Temple
- Provide food items and volunteers for all Friday evening Onegs.
- Provide Bima flowers for High Holiday and Friday evening Shabbats.
- Provide low-cost Kiddushes for Bar/Bat Mitzvahs.
- Present a gift to each adult B’nai Mitzvah.
For Reform Judaism (as members of Women of Reform Judaism)
- Provide funds for the training of rabbis, cantors and Jewish educators through the Y.E.S. Fund (your purchase of Uniongrams helps to provide these funds), donate to the World Union for Progressive Judaism, donate to MAZON, donate to Circle of Service and support the causes of Women of Reform Judaism.
Activities Women of TBH Sponsors
- Annual Shabba-Que Barbeque (with Brotherhood)
- Chanukah Boutique
- Members Game Night
- Tu B’shvat Seder
- Passover cooking class
- Brotherhood/Sisterhood evening
- Women’s Seder
- Spring Jewelry Fair
- Monthly Book Club
- Judaica Gift Shop in the lobby
- Knitted Goods/Supplies
Donate knitted items and supplies! We are collecting finished hats, afghans, blankets, slippers, booties, and toys as well as “snugglies” (18″ x 18″ or 24″ x 24″ blankets for animal shelters) made of washable yarn. Items are donated to appropriate charities including Operation Blankets of Love, Baby2Baby, and Newborns in Need. We also accept donations of clean, machine-washable, worsted weight yarn and new or used knitting needles or crochet hooks for crafts teaching at community service events. Donations can be brought to the Temple Main Office. For further information or patterns, please contact Jennifer Brown (818-995-3880 or email@example.com).
Women of TBH is collecting soaps, lotions, make-up, shampoos, and other toiletries to donate to women escaping abuse. Please drop off your UNOPENED and UNUSED items at the Temple Main Office during normal business hours. Many thanks to all of those who have donated. Your extra and travel size cosmetics have helped someone feel beautiful. For more information, please contact Lee Fink at (818) 781-3465 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Food Bank
TBH works with the North Hollywood Interfaith Food Pantry to collect canned goods, non-perishables, and other needed items. These can be dropped off in the NHIFP bins in the TBH lobby. There are times when specific items are in urgent need; you can find out more at the NHIFP website. Want to help? Come volunteer. Contact me with any questions, Leslye Adelman (818) 929-2606 or email at email@example.com.