Click here to go to the ticket page: bethhillel.info. Once there, click on “RSVP Now” to order your tickets. Early-bird pricing ends May 27.
*Note: Free childcare is available for those that RSVP. Make note in your ticket order how many children you’ll be dropping off.
Philanthropy is the cornerstone of financial sustainability of every synagogue. Your generous gift of sponsorship at any level is gratefully acknowledged and appreciated.
Click here to go to the donate page to make your sponsorship. The levels are as follows:
• Clarinet $ 118.00 Acknowledgment and thank you in event program
• Trumpet $ 180.00 Acknowledgment and thank you in event program
• Saxophone $ 360.00 Acknowledgment and thank you in event program
• Trombone $ 720.00 A bottle of wine, acknowledgment and thank you in event program
• Drums $1,800.00 2 free VIP tickets, preferential seating, acknowledgment and thank you in event program
• Bass $2,500.00 4 free VIP tickets, preferential seating, a bottle of wine, acknowledgment and thank you in event program
• Piano $5,000.00 4 free VIP tickets, preferential seating, a bottle of champagne, reserved event parking, acknowledgment and thank you in event program
ABOUT MAX HAYMER:
Max was born in Los Angeles and is a 2nd generation Beth Hillel member. He went through Hebrew School, became bar mitzvah at TBH and was Confirmed. His first memory of TBH was when he went to Tot Shabbat services as a 4-year old and heard Rabbi Jim and his guitar lead the service. In 2014, Rabbi Jim married Max and his wife Amy. They are raising their daughter in the ECE at TBH.
Max began his classical piano studies at the age of seven and was introduced to jazz piano at the age of 14. He studied with the great LA-based pianist Tamir Hendelman through high school and went on to continue his music education at UC Irvine, graduating with Magna Cum Laude honors and a Bachelor of Music degree in 2007. At Irvine, Haymer studied Jazz Performance with Kei Akagi, Darek Oles, Bobby Rodriguez, and the late Sherman Ferguson. During that time, he also studied Musical Theater Direction with Dr. Gary Busby.
Max has won 2nd prizes at the Montreux Jazz Festival Solo Piano Competition and the Great American Jazz Piano Competition in Jacksonville, Florida, and was a finalist in the Horace Silver Piano Competition and UWF Phillips Jazz Piano Competition and UWF Phillips Jazz Piano Competition. He was also named a Rising Star by the Orange County Performing Arts Center.
In 2015, Max started to tour internationally and perform with Grammy Award Winner, Arturo Sandoval, playing at prestigious venues such as the Newport Jazz Festival, Detroit Jazz Festival, Wallis Annenberg Center, and Walt Disney Concert Hall. He also tours and performs consistently with his own trio, in which he tries to bring excitement and athleticism to the world of jazz piano.
Temple Beth Hillel has been a part of Max’s life for almost 30 years, and he is extremely excited to be able to perform for the community that he credits for having played a major part of molding him into the person he is today.
YOUTUBE LINKS OF MAX HAYMER: