Our Sisterhood is made up of all the women of Temple Beth Hillel. We’re old, young and somewhere in between. We may be employed full-time, or part-time, in the home or out. We may be retired. We may have little kids, or big kids, empty nests or no nests. We all have full lives, yet find the extra time to be active in temple life as the work – and the relationships – are so very rewarding.
Women of TBH and Brotherhood are the supportive arms of this wonderful community. Following are just some of things we do for our Temple family:
For Our Youth
- Support holiday celebrations with apples and honey for Rosh Hashanah, candles and dreidels at Chanukah and flags for Simchat Torah.
- Present Kiddush cups to children beginning religious school and Day School.
- Present gifts and Uniongrams to each Bar/Bat Mitzvah and Adult B’nai Mitzvahs.
- Present Bibles and Uniongrams to each Confirmand.
- Serve as positive role models for our young women.
For Our Temple
- Provide food items and volunteers for all Friday evening Onegs.
- Provide Bima flowers for High Holiday and Friday evening Shabbats.
- Provide low-cost Kiddushes for Bar/Bat Mitzvahs.
- Present a gift to each adult B’nai Mitzvah.
For Reform Judaism (as members of Women of Reform Judaism)
- Provide funds for the training of rabbis, cantors and Jewish educators through the Y.E.S. Fund (your purchase of Uniongrams helps to provide these funds), donate to the World Union for Progressive Judaism, donate to MAZON, donate to Circle of Service and support the causes of Women of Reform Judaism.
Activities Women of TBH Sponsors
- Annual Shabba-Que Barbeque (with Brotherhood)
- Chanukah Boutique
- Members Game Night
- Tu B’shvat Seder
- Passover cooking class
- Brotherhood/Sisterhood evening
- Women’s Seder
- Spring Jewelry Fair
- Monthly Book Club
- Judaica Gift Shop in the lobby
Membership in Sisterhood is $42/year.We welcome all levels of involvement.